Thursday, July 07, 2005

Senseless Acts

I'm sure everyone in the world by now has heard about the terrorist attacks in London. I actually didn't hear about this horrible turn of events until I got into work, turned on my computer, and pulled up the Yahoo main page. It is such an odd feeling knowing that something so horrible was occurring as I went through my mundane routine this morning. There I was, watching Problem Child 2 on TV and eating Frosted Flakes...as hundreds of innocent people suffered. I just cannot fathom how people can commit these senseless acts. We are all trying to live on this Earth, each with our own wants and needs...why do some of these wants have to entail killing one another?

This makes me think all over again about 9/11. That experience changed all of us... and made us fearful. That was almost four years ago, and the fear has stuck with me. But I now realize I had fallen into a state of comfort. I wasn't always thinking about attacks anymore...until this morning. It's all back now...that feeling of panic, of not knowing what may happen, of wondering if today is the last time I'll see my family. It's amazing how afraid I am of death.

My heart goes out to everyone affected by today's tragedy.

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is senseless, unbelievable and just barbaric. Anyway, I usually have tons to say about these matters, but I don't see the freakin' point of talking about it anymore.

And by the way...the moment I can add a fellow blurty-er in my friends list she casually switches sides to blogger! For shame!
Hope you're doing ok, don't be too afraid, that leads to nothing. -x-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet