Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The sweetest thing...isn't flowers!


Alright y'all, I know people hate reading about other people's mushy love lives, but you'll have to stomach mine for a minute. I was just going through my older e-mails, and I found a cute one from my boyfriend. It is in fact so cute that I must share it with you:

Lauren, I thought this was a nice quote…………. I am that guy for
you!

"Wait for the guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot. Wait
for the guy who kisses your forehead, who thinks you are the prettiest when you have no make up on. Wait for the guy who would do anything just to spend time with you, and who truly believes he is the Lucky one!"

Love,

K

Pretty cute, huh? He does these cute things for no reason quite a lot. Example: I arrived at work yesterday morning to find my phone blinking. I thought it was odd that someone called over the weekend...until I checked the message and heard K's voice. He left the message last Friday after I left work. It went something like this: "Hi honey. I hope you had a great weekend with me. I'm leaving this message on Friday so you'll have something to cheer you up on Monday." And...swoon.

So, I've realized something. I always get on K for not buying me flowers often enough, etc., etc. But I have been ignoring all these other cute things he does on a regular (well, semi-regular) basis. And these things are much more ingenious than boring old flowers. They mean much more. So my resolution from now on is to quit my whining and appreciate what I have.

But, on the other hand, as any girl will tell you...a woman can never have enough flowers. Men at large, remember this: Make sure to surprise your girl/woman with the little things that count, but also don't forget that flowers really do the trick once in a while!

1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm..good good, i'm learning things ;)

Well, not really, but anyway.
It's cute!:p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet