Wednesday, October 26, 2005

10 Things I Like About Fall/Winter

In an effort to combat my seasonal blues, I'm trying to think of the *good* things about the colder weather. This will be difficult, but here goes...the 10 THINGS I (sort of) LIKE ABOUT FALL/WINTER:

1. The clean smell of snow and the way snow cleanses the air.
2. My cool weather outerwear... especially my new light blue pea coat and my light blue winter jacket with the faux fur around the collar and hood.
3. The prospect of getting out of work due to snow-driven government closures.
4. The idea of wearing gloves all the time (my hands are always cold at work, and people look at me strangely when I wear gloves in the office...maybe once it's cold outside, they'll understand).
5. Drinking hot chocolate every day and not feeling guilty (because, again, it's frickin' cold outside).
6. My Uggs...all three pairs of them.
7. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and lots of work holidays.
8. My blue scarf made out of rabbit fur. I know it's cruel, but it is so soft and beautiful...and it's BLUE! How could I resist?
9. The fall foliage (and being able to jump in leaves). Even if it does only last two weeks, fall really is one of Virginia's prettiest seasons.
10. Watching Levi (my family's dog) run around outside in his winter parka. He is by far the cutest of all in a winter coat! See for yourself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet