Friday, October 07, 2005

Stop throwing winter in my face! (and other notes)

Alright, this is getting ridiculous. I wake up to the darkest, drabbest weather we've had since practically last year. It's ugly, cloudy, windy, and it's totally "raining" on my Friday parade (heh). So I walk through the drizzle, hop in the pretty yellow car (which, incidentally, does look pretty good rain-streaked), turn on the radio, and what do I hear? Well, none other than the Mamas and the Papas. Again. Singing about that good old pretty California weather. It never rains or gets cold there (and yes, I know they have horrible draughts and it does get cold in some places like the mountains and San Francisco, but I'm making a point here).

Now, I love the song and all, but why do they keep rubbing it in our faces? These radio folks really need to have a little sensitivity toward a population going through such a harsh seasonal transition. Most of us probably suffer from seasonal affective disorder (yes, SAD is the acronym). They could be completely runing people's days with that song. Yeah, it's a great song, but the message is just a little too close to home right now. Geez! Oh, and there's flood watch today, making it an even lovlier time to play the freakin' song. Okay, rant finished.
Speaking of the Mamas and the Papas, I can't get that "Make Your Own Kind of Music" song from Lost out of my head. Furthermore, I just can't get that show out of my head. I have become obsessed with it. I constantly read the forums, I discuss it at work, I speculate on it in my head, and I completely buy into all the fake Web sites put up to confuse us. It's a brilliant show with a brilliant marketing scheme. ABC, I am so your b*tch.

Finally, I'd like to inform my readers that a great movie is out today: In Her Shoes. I know this because I read the book, which was excellent. Yeah, it's a chick flick, but I think it has real potential. Just this morning, I heard a guy on the radio say he loved it. And this guy critiques movies on a regular basis. He said Cameron Diaz was great, and that he cried. I'll let y'all know how it is, but I highly recommend you see for yourself.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha, I never heard about those websites! Yes, one step closer to being a complete LOST-geek!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet