Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Long Skirt

I'm having a long skirt kind of day. I woke up this morning feeling tired, bloated, and uncomfortable (yes, I know, too much information, but it explains why I chose to wear said skirt). Anyway, the last thing I felt like doing was putting on actual clothing. I just wanted to curl up in a big blanket... and what better way to simulate that than by slipping on a big old long skirt!

On days like today, the long skirt is an absolute necessity. It covers up my legs completely, so I feel safe and warm. Also, when I'm sitting in my chair, I can burrow my legs up into it and get cozy. It's like being hugged all day long. This skirt is so darn cute too. It's purple and aqua-colored, with silver, shiny stripes running down it. It's one of three long skirts that I own, and I absolutely cannot live without them.

The long skirt is an ingenious invention. It allows us women to feel like we're wearing pajamas while looking presentable. Yeah, it's not the most professional thing I could wear to work (especially when paired with black flip-flops, as today), but everyone has those days--the days where if you're going to drag yourself out of bed, then you'd better find something comfy to wear or you won't make it.

I wonder what I did all winter without being able to wear my brightly-colored, bohemian-looking skirts. The winter subsitute for the long skirt is pants, which do not measure up in the least. Pants are so restricting and formal. The long skirt has a mind of its own. It's free, it's hip, it says "I don't care." But in a good way.

Tell me, ladies, am I the only one who feels this way? Or are there other girls out there who have a special place for long skirts in their closets--and in their hearts?

PS...the long skirt in the picture is available on freepeople.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet