Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Patience in a bottle

Today I discovered that patience can be achieved in small doses...literally. According to www.patiencead.com, the herbal extracts in PATIENCE AD can help relieve mood swings and impatience in everyday life. Here's the some of the ad text: "By supporting the brain’s natural ability to relax, PATIENCE AD restores a level of calmness in your life without expensive or habit-forming drugs."

Apparently, up to 90 percent of users say this actually works. This really surprises me. First off, I am surprised that such a "natural drug" even exists...it is obviously targeted at anyone who has ever thrown a tantrum (i.e., everyone in the world). What a great idea for a product. Secondly, I am surprised that they have such an inflated success figure (by the way, there are no details to back the figure up, just some testimonials).

Here's their little test for potential herbal drug buyers. I'll answer as we go:

Think about the following questions:
- Do you often feel irritable, stressed and inpatient? Yes!
- Do you often feel overwhelmed or unable to cope with the stresses of everyday life? Yes!
- Are you often restless, irritable or on edge for no apparent reason? YES!
- Does noise and interruptions bother you? No
- Do you have trouble concentrating? Are you easily distracted? No
- Have you lost your temper with a loved one? Spouse, Child or Friend? Yes

So, according to this test, I desperately need my dose of patience. And probably a lot of other people do too, especially people my age going through some life changes (and most 20-somethings are). So we can all buy it for only $29.95 a bottle. I wouldn't be so skeptical if they had a doctor endorsing it or something. In truth, these "herbal" drugs really scare me. I would be nice to have all-natural cures for life's problems, but I doubt that's what this is. If it cures something as big and elusive impatience, it can't be that good for you. This is how I feel when I go into GNC (which is not often). They've got all these great "drugs" for everything from weight loss to muscle gain. But what do they really do to your body?

It's all just a bunch of propaganda meant to target people's insecurities. These drugs offer a great easy way out for people. Has anyone ever used one of these? And has it worked without having any adverse effects? If so, I'm happy to recant all of this. But until then, I will refrain from buying any of these witches' brews. I'll just have to work on my patience the really natural way...by throwing my tantrums and tiring myself out.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this blog certainly is not about free weight loss diet. What the heck! I guess the internet can play some tricks on us sometimes. I have been on-line for two hours
researching free weight loss diet and came tumbling across your blog. I LOVE IT! I needed a break from free weight loss diet anyways :-) If you don't mind I want to add your
blog to my favorites list so I can come back later on and read some more stuff. Well I guess I should get back to researching free weight loss diet.
Even though my search is not on Patience in a bottle I am glad I came across your blog. Keep blogging away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet