Wednesday, October 19, 2005

What goes around...is evil

So there's this thing going around the office. No, it's not a communicable disease (although I think I am starting to see it as one)... it's a Rubik's Cube. But not an ordinary cube, with the 16 colored squares. This is a Homer Simpson. Rubik's. Cube. In other words, my worst nightmare.

Some of you may not know it, but I loathe The Simpsons and everything they stand for (please don't jump on me for that...I've heard it all). The show basically just annoys me. Yeah, I admit that it can be funny--I loved the tomacco episode--but in general, I choose not to watch it. However, there seem to be a crazy number of Simpsons addicts in my office. And I always get stuck with their paraphernalia.

Example: One day, a guy asked me to keep his Homer Simpson plush cup holder "safe" for him while he switched desks. Was someone actually going to steal the hideous thing? I mean, really, who wants an ugly yellow cartoon man? Not I. Nonetheless, I reluctantly accepted, and for a while it was tacked up to my cubicle wall. People loved it...and I always reminded them it wasn't mine.

But anyway, back to the Rubik's cube. Another Simpsons fan dropped it by my cube neighbor's desk about a week ago. Since then, a bunch of us on the floor have been passing it around, trying in vain to solve it. And I'm telling ya, the game was not meant to be solved. It is impossible.

You see, it only has 8 parts, which would make it appear easier than a traditional Rubik's. But it is much more difficult because each part (as you see in the picture above) is a different random shape... a different part of Homer's fugly face. Even if we do get most of the parts in place correctly, some of them may be facing the wrong way, and then we have to start all over. Plus, it makes this squeaky noise when you turn it, alerting everyone around that you are wasting endless amounts of time.

I know this is an inane post, but it really does demonstrate my point. I am so utterly obsessed with this ugly Rubik's contraption from hell that it is all I can think about. It sits in front of me and I stare at it.

Waiting... wondering... wanting.

I won't be able to think of anything else until I pass Homer on to the next person...or until they come over and forcibly remove him from my cold, dead hands.

Want to get in on the action? The impossibleist game ever built is available at Sears for only $7.99. Just a couple bucks for a lifetime of insanity. It's the game that keeps on giving.

ARRRUGHHHH!

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Ross said...

Paulo loves you.

~Paulo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet