Monday, November 21, 2005

Panda Fever

This? Is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. The photo at left, courtesy of AP/National Zoo, shows 4-month-old Tai Shan, the giant panda cub born in July. Viewing of this little guy has been limited, but tickets went on sale today for extended viewings in December, so panda pandemonium has hit once again.

I decided to check him out for myself and found this live webcam. And let me tell you, I cannot pull myself away from it. If you're ever having a bad day, pull up that link, because I guarantee it will make you smile. There's something about the innocence of the little cutie that no one can resist.

As I write this, he is sleeping on the floor...a minute ago, he was moving around, but apparently that tired him out and he just curled his little black legs under him and dozed off. Ten minutes ago, his mom was nuzzling with him. Oh, to be a panda.

So, you can see all this for 10 whole minutes in person at the National Zoo...but only if you score one of the coveted tickets being sold right now. However, it's a big bummer that the page is almost impossible to access due to very high demand. But at least we've got the panda cam to hold us over.

He's still sleeping, by the way, and I'm getting kind of impatient. Wake up, Tai Shan, wake up! I need my panda fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet