Monday, November 14, 2005

My name is Lauren, and I'm a TVholic

Ugh, I'm back. And I'm feeling really guilty right now because I've been gone for so long. I've really been trying to make this a serious blog and to write at least twice a week. I have a lot to say, and a lot of witty ways to say it, so why not put it out there for the world? But, life just got me down again this past week or two. I didn't even think about making time for my poor neglected blog.

You see, my entire 30-minute fiction script was due last Monday. It took me a very long time to write and re-write all 35-40 pages of it. Plus, work got busy, since we were in crunch time to get our magazine to print. Between work, class, and my grueling TV schedule, there was just no time for blogging.

Speaking of my TV schedule, I think I'm starting to kick the addiction. I'm at class during some of my favorite shows, and I'm doing homework during others. I really think my TV show count--which averaged more than 10 regular shows per week--has been cut in half. And...this is the best part...I don't completely freak out when I miss a show! A couple weeks ago, I honestly could not stand to miss one of my shows. I would literally start stressing over it.

I remember an incident a few months ago when I missed Laguna Beach because K and I were out doing an errand. He promised we'd be back in time, and we weren't. Well, I completely went insane over it. I got extremely irritable and started yelling at him...over a TV show that has constant re-runs anyway. He told me I was acting crazy, but my excuse was that I warned him ahead of time this would happen if I missed the show. Anyway, he was right. I was crazy. No one should be that addicted to or reliant upon a TV show to keep them sane. Of course, many people acknowledge that Laguna Beach really is like crack, so maybe I get a pass for that one.

Tonight, I'm again going to miss the show since I'll be at class. And it's the season finale. I really feel sick at the prospect of missing it, but there is nothing I can do. MTV will probably play re-runs and it will probably be okay. See? This is a much healthier attitude than "If I miss Laguna Beach tonight my life as I know it will never be the same and the world will cease turning on its axis."

Hurrah for progress! And hopefully, hurrah for posting more on this blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet