Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I'm not thankful for...

Alright, I know it's almost Thanksgiving and I have a lot to be thankful for. I really do. But I'm going to buck the tradition of the "I'm thankful for..." post. I mean, we all know I'm going to have to recite that list at the dinner table tomorrow anyway, so in the interest of not being redundant, I'm compiling a list of things I'm not thankful for during this special holiday season.

1. I'm not thankful for... being at work all day today. Instead of being let out early before holidays, as per usual, our HR dept. sent a special e-mail saying our offices WILL be open until 5 p.m. today. Total diss. But of course I'll be using liberal leave and skipping out early anyway. Still, though...way to be in the spirit, office.

2. I'm not thankful for... all of the tickets to see the baby panda being taken within hours of going up for grabs. I'm in love with the panda, and there's nothing more I would like than to see him when he is still all cute in his little bear cub stage. I'm sure there's a whole bunch of people out there with the max amount of tickets, and I have none. People need to spread the love a little.

3. I'm not thankful for... being served frozen green tea today at Panera. I ordered iced green tea, as I always do, and they decided to add actual ice to it and make a green tea slushy thing. The result? A watered-down freezing drink and an annoyed, freezing me. Who orders slushies in 30 degree weather? Tell me, WHO!?

4. I'm not thankful for... accidentally running my car into a curb on the way home from class Monday night. I guess I was just so tired that I let the car drift and BAM...curb, meet prettycar. I am still worried that I threw off my alignment or my suspension or my rotation or some other such car thing. Which means I'll be completely paranoid until I go to the dealer. And I hate the dealer. It's all my fault, too. Ugh.

5. I'm not thankful for... my sister having to go back to school in a few days. I just got used to having her at home, and I don't feel like I've gotton to see her enough. I'm ready for her x-mas break to start, stat, so I can have my best buddy back.

And finally...
6. I'm not thankful for... the frickin' cold! Today is the coldest day yet, and I think I am developing a cold and a stuffy throat. The winter always gets to me, mind, body and soul. Rawr.

Aaaaand, that's about it. I AM thankful for just about everything else in my life: my family, my friends, my co-workers, my pets, my lifestyle, my car, my health and everyone else's, my Uggs which are currently keeping my feet warm, and of course, the baby panda, Tai Shan. He brings a smile to my face even when I'm feeling not very thankful at all, and that, my friends, is magical. You keep on kickin,' little guy! You rock!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet