Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Have I grown up?

I know it's lame to post forwards, but I think you'll find this one entertaining. My good friend sent it to me today. Let's see if I've really grown up (my comments are in bold)...

25 ways to tell if you have finally grown up

1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.
No, actually my plants are all dying. But they died in college too...I remember when my bonsai lost all its leaves and I had to nurse it back to health. No growing up points here.

2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.
So true. And doing it in a twin-sized, rickety loft is really out of the question. +1

3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
Yep, no more wine coolers stacked up in there anymore. +1

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
I get up at 7:30 am, but same difference. I could never stay up until 6 anymore. +1

5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.
All the freakin' time! I love those elevator compilations of Britney songs. +1

6. You watch the Weather Channel.
Um, yeah, how will I know what to wear to work or if I need extra time to de-ice my car? And I love those Storm Stories shows. +1

7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "breakup."
Yes, I currently have three engaged friends. +1

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
Don't even remind me. I miss summer vacations. +1

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."
Yep, jeans and a sweater won't cut it on a normal work day. +1

10. You're the one calling the police because those stupid kids next door won't turn down the stereo.
Those damn kids and their music. We let them slide at the apartment because we knew we'd need to make noise at least one rare day a year when we had a party. +1

11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
Yes, sex has now become a socially acceptable topic of conversation. +1

12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
No freakin' clue. Or Waffle House, for that matter. +1

13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
Yeah, I didn't used to have payments or insurance. Now I got both, but I also have a kick-ass car that is all MINE. +1

14. You feed your dog/cat Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.
I don't have a dog of my own (it's a family dog) and never did. And I'd never feed it fast food. No points here.

15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
I can pretty much sleep anywhere. And, shhh, I still kind of like sleeping on the couch.

16. You take naps from noon until 6PM.
Totally. I could sleep forever. +1

17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
It's been so long since I've been on a date that I don't think this applies to me.

18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
Yeah, or as it used to be for us, eating Domino's buffalo wings at 3 am in the dorm lobby. Ew. +1

19. If you're a girl, you go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.
Hahaha, I never bought those things in the first place. I am a good girl.

20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff."
Actually, even a $2 bottle is still acceptable to me. Hello, Boone's Farm and Arbor Mist!

21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
Yes, I always eat a full breakfast at breakfast. Can't start my day without it. The days of Waffle House at midnight are over. +1

22. "I just can't drink the way I used to..." replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."
Yeah, pretty much. I rarely ever drink at all (although, when I do, I am kind of impressed with my tolerance, which has somehow stuck with me over the years). +1

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
Yeah, especially when I'm in school. +1

24. When you find out your friend is pregnant you congratulate her instead of asking "Oh, man--What Happened!?!?!?!
Haha, this hasn't happened yet, so I can't give myself any points.

25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save your sorry old butt. Then you forward it to a bunch of old pals & friends 'cause you know they'll enjoy it & do the same!!
I guess I am forwarding it by posting it here, so one last point for me. +1

Let's total it up. Out of 25 possible points, I have scored 18. So I have more than halfway grown up. How depressing.

I really miss the days when throwing water balloons was the most important thing on my schedule, when I could wake up at 1 pm every day just in time for my soap operas, and when I never had to buy my own alcohol.

Ah, college. How I miss ye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet