Friday, January 06, 2006

Ode to My Glasses

(PS I love writing odes about stupid things, so get used to it)

Oh, beautiful glasses,
you are so pretty.
You make me look smart.
You make me feel witty.

I never thought
you'd make me feel this way.
I always thought
I'd cast you off in a day.

But now I know,
that you're not half-bad.
In fact, I can't bear to part with you,
lest I become blind (and sad).

And I think, what did I do
before you came on the scene?
Did I just walk around
bumping into beams?

You give me the ability
to see, to read, to drive,
better than ever before,
I'm so grateful you've arrived.

But one more thing
before we go...
I also love the way you look.
I love to put you on show.

You kind of make me appear
like a sexy schoolteacher,
like a smarter version of myself.
You bring out my best feature.

Oh, darling DKNY's,
thanks for all you've done.
It's only been a few weeks,
but you and I have sure had fun!

Me in my new bling-blings

Okay, but seriously? I really do love my new glasses. I was so nervous about getting them because I thought I'd feel stupid wearing them. But as it turns out, I like the way they enhance my image. They are almost like an accessory to my look. I look older, I look smarter, and I feel more sophisticated.

Plus, I can see! I can recognize people when I look at them. I can change lanes without fear of running into large yellow vehicles. And I can read things even before they're one inch from my face.

I had only planned to wear the glasses sometimes, like while driving or in meetings. But I wear them all the time, from morning to night. I can't bear to go back to the land of the un-seeing and the un-sophisticated.

My glasses become part of my identity, and that's fine by me.

3 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club! :)

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Very hot glasses on you. I'm stuck in my contact lens rut, and desperately need to suck it up and go buy a pair of real glasses. Reading your success makes me hopeful that I'll find a good pair that makes me look chic unlike my 8th grade pair tortoise shell pattern but in red and wire-rimmed and ughhh. I cringe thinking about it.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Sleepy Girl said...

Nicole, thanks for the compliment on the glasses. They were actually the very first pair I tried on. I saw them and just knew they were the chosen ones. DKNY has some really cute styles...you should check them out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet