Monday, March 20, 2006

Thoughts of the day

Oh Monday,
please end as quickly as you came.
You're sneaky and cheeky, always the same.

Oh Monday,
please let my mid-term be already over.
Give me some luck or a four-leaf clover.

Oh Monday,
please let me fast-forward to tonight, to sleep.

Dear Monday,
You are such a creep.

Sincerely,
Sleepy Lauren

***

On my mind today...

How can today be the first day of Spring when it's going to snow tomorrow?

How can I still be listening to this sad song when all it does is get me down? Do I like being down?

How can I be having a perfect hair day when the one person I want to see it isn't around? Why do I even care?

How can I have a mid-term at 6:30 tonight when I'm not even stressing out about it yet?

How can life just be...average?

...

I DON'T WANT AVERAGE.

I want amazing. I want rainbows. I want everything to fall into place.

I want a fairy tale. A success story. The best time I've ever had.

My parents always said I could have everything I wanted if I just set my mind to it.

Well, this is me. Setting my mind. I'll start with Monday, and I'll go from there.

Watch the F out, world.

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You started your post with a Garfield Monday and end it with a great manifesto: I don't want average. That, I think, places you far away from the "average" and sets your mind just, like your parent said, in the right position to get everything you want.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't want average either. Maybe you and I are demanding too much out of life? :)

Anyway, thanks for your warm, encouraging comment on my last blog post. It really touched me.

Good luck on your midterm this evening! I know you're going to do well! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet