Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ode to Bubble Tea

Okay, so, bubble tea. The minute I tried it, I was hooked. It's like a smoothie, only fresher and fruitier and with yummy balls of tapioca goodness at the bottom.

I know, it sounds odd. But it's the most brilliant thing ever invented.

Bubble tea hasn't quite gone mainstream here in the States, but you can get it at no less than five different places at Eden Center in Falls Church.

It's heaven.
Dear Bubble Tea,

You are the sweet nectar
that keeps me going.
You are the fruity goodness
that's always worth knowing.

You are so cold
that you numb all my troubles.
You are so yummy,
especially with tapioca bubbles.

Thanks for the memories,
the tea runs on OC nights.
Thanks for the tastiness.
You know such great heights.

No matter what, a bubble tea day is a good day. Which makes today AWESOME.

4 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bubble tea has got to be pretty darn special if one is going to devote an entire post to it AND write a sweet poem about it! Maybe I'll try it, too! :)

What flavor(s) do you recommend?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Sleepy Girl said...

Oh, you must try it! There are so many good flavors. My favorites are mango, pineapple and melon. If you're a little more adventurous, you could try avocado or jack fruit. I have yet to try a flavor I don't like!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I've had it a few times and I like it, but only after it's been made for a while and the tapioca is hard. Yum.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want bubble tea!!!! Lauren we officially have a bubble tea date when I get home. I'm serious. I want honeydew melon bubble tea. ahhhhhh;.
-M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet