Friday, February 10, 2006

Lauren: The Complete Collection

I'm feeling contemplative today, so I've decided to search inside myself for those interesting things that make me unique. Sometimes I pigeonhole myself as just some boring, average person, but there's a lot more to me than I give myself credit for. In fact, none of us are boring or average...we've all got our quirks, our passions, our secrets.

Here is a partial list of the traits, likes, dislikes, wants and needs that make me special. Hey, I'm feeling more special just by writing this.


1. I wear holiday socks all year long.
2. On average, I go to the bathroom once every hour that I am awake.
3. I love singing and dancing, but only when no one is around.
4. I listen to Christian music 24/7, but I'm not Christian.
5. I don't eat seafood.
6. I could easily be a vegetarian if I felt the need.
7. I practically invented the socks with Adidas sandals look.
8. I like dressing like a lazy bum.
9. I have an obsessive personality.
10. I am fascinated by crime. I read entire books about it.


11. I know the entire history of Henry VIII and all his kids.
12. I'm half Italian - my dad immigrated when he was 13 years old.
13. I have no middle name - I used to want it to be "Angel."
14. I want to name one of my kids "Canyon." Sucks for him.
15. I still count in my head to do simple arithmetic.
16. I've had two eye surgeries. My eyes are still messed up.
17. I'm against thongs. They make me feel fat.
18. I actually like living with my parents.
19. I'm happier with a boyfriend than without one.
20. I miss cuddling.



21. Everyone thinks I only like bad movies, but my taste is shifting.
22. I bought the Hillary Duff and Ashlee Simposn CDs by choice.
23. I never tire of re-runs of Saved By the Bell, Sister Sister and Roseanne.
24. I wish life really was a Seinfeld episode and I could be Elaine.
25. I've reached a point where I'm embarassed of my weight.
26. Sometimes I feel pretty, and sometimes I feel ugly.
27. I wish I was born blonde.
28. I love the color of my eyes.
29. I tried to learn the dance steps to the "Baby One More Time" music video, but failed.
30. I want to own an aviary of birds.

31. I'm afraid I'll never get married.
32. I pretend to be neat, but I'm a slob at heart.
33. I want to be a video editor.
34. I'm a car snob.
35. I don't like bars or clubs.
36. I like winter only because I can wear bulkier clothes and it's easier to feel cute.
37. I've been to a therapist.
38. I could eat sunny side up eggs every day for breakfast.
39. I'm stingy when it comes to buying food.
40. I have over a gig of songs on my iPod, but I listen to the same few on repeat and skip the rest.


41. Britney Spears is still my idol.
42. I like all music but rap.
43. I could be a better friend, but I'm the perfect daughter.
44. I love raw sprouts and avocado.
45. My hands and nose are always cold.
46. I wish my boobs were bigger and my butt was smaller.
47. I like being intelligent and calling myself a writer.
48. I love to see my name in print...and to read my own writing.
49. I am an artist - I just wish I painted more often.
50. I like reptiles, but not spiders.
51. I hate exercising with a passion.
52. I used to paint my nails black and I tried to dye my hair blue.
53. I still don't know if I believe in God.

Now, your turn...what makes you special?

4 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger J. said...

Ok here goes...
1. I like my brain.
2. I too hate my body.
3. I used to be skinny.
4. I no longer hate school and would be a professional student if I could.
5. You can never have to many dogs.
6. Love sucks!
7. Not being in love sucks!
8. I really hate being single when all my friends are married.
9. The St Louis Cardinals are the best baseball team ever
10. Imos pizza is the best
11. Never date someone you work with and break up with them.
12. Moving 800 miles away from all of your family and friends is not as scary as I thought.
13. I feel your pain!
14. Buffy the Vampire Slayer rocks!!
15. The cancled Angel way too soon.
16. Tallahassee is too small
17. I hate being single

Oh and I love your blog!!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Sleepy Girl said...

J: Hi, and thank you for the compliment on my blog! I really should have put one more thing on my list: I love my blog readers, especially when they leave comments.

Your list is great. It's good to know there are people (men, even) with the same issues as me. I think number 12 is my favorite. I can't imagine moving 800 miles away...more power to you for doing it and succeeding!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol, I go to the bathroom often, too! Maybe it's cuz we have a small bladder...

I also love dressing like a lazy bum. It takes too much to work to look good. And I don't like the attention anyway.

I feel happiest with a boyfriend, too. Cuddling is the best thing in the world.

I don't wear thongs because they make my butt look HUGE. I, too, wish my boobs were bigger than my butt! :)

I also pretend to be all into neatness and organization, but I'm as disorganized and messy as they go!

I think bars and clubs are overrated. I don't like spending my money on food and drinks. I hate rap music with a passion.

I wish I didn't have to exercise either.

Oh and like you, I'm an artist and I love writing!

Wow, we seem to have a lot in common. ;)

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Sleepy Girl said...

Cinthia: Wow, we DO have a lot in common! It's not often that another girl shares my hatred of thongs, bars and clubs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet