Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The countdown continues...

Six days and 8 hours until the bane of all holidays. Tick, tick, tick.

In hopes of taking control of V-Day and making it the first-ever L-Day (all about me, of course), I've decided to treat myself to a little somethin' somethin.'

Here are a few items I'm considering:

Monster Ballads: Platinum Edition (inspired by a post from another intelligent blogger)
I love monster ballads. All of them. This compilation CD is sure to have my heart fluttering as I sing at the top of my lungs.

Just Like Heaven DVD
Such a cute romantic comedy. How can I resist Reese and that "cute in a non-conventional way" Mark Ruffalo? They fall in love...and he brings her back to life...literally! AWWWW.

Syberia II PC Game
Syberia I had an engaging story, stunning graphics, and a female protagonist--which is a rare thing in the gaming world. I couldn't tear myself away from it. Imagine my dorky-computer-game-player glee at finding out that there is a sequel.

Popular: The Complete First Season DVD
One of the best shows the WB ever cancelled (after only two seasons). It's a bit pricey, but definitely worth it.

iPod Car Adapter and Charger
I've been too much a cheap-ass to buy this thing, even though I desperately want (and need) it.

In addition, I will probably go on a movie-renting binge at Blockbuster just to keep myself busy on the fateful night. My must-rent list currently includes: Sideways, Before Sunset, Winged Migration, Indecent Proposal, and Mad Hot Ballroom.

Armed with the above necessities, a big old bag of Swedish Fish, and a bottle of Arbor Mist, I think I just might survive this V-Day.

Er, I mean L-Day.

And by "survive," I mean I don't end up crying or feeling too sorry for myself.

Yes, it's a low standard, but believe me, the bar is high enough.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I'm glad someone else remembers Popular! Loved that show too...

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger J. said...

Single people of the world unite against that horrid day!! I usually wear black on that day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet