Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I'm sick of life

This happens to me sometimes. I'll be cruising along just fine and then all of a sudden I hit a rough spot.

I am feeling so unmotivated. Nothing excites me. I have nothing to look forward to. The things that should make me happy...don't. To put it simply, I just don't care enough to care. About anything...

School should be fun, but it's stressing me out right now.

I haven't woken up on time or slept straight through the night in two weeks. I'm always tired.

Work is just a place I go to be. My strong dis-interest in it is draining me.

I don't bother making my hair look nice anymore. It's been many days since I straightened it or even wore it down.

I don't see my friends. In fact, I am barely communicating with them.

I've stopped taking my cell phone with me everywhere I go. Because honestly, no one ever calls.

Food has lost its allure. I haven't been indulging in anything I like, and my appetite has definitely diminished (good because maybe I'll lose weight, but bad because...you know, I love food, normally).

And here's the really scary part: I don't even care about my TV shows. There is not one single show that I must watch...and if I miss it, so what?

I don't know why I get this way sometimes. Obviously, with my dad getting sick, it's been a tough year. But there's more to this than that. I've seen this pattern before.

Sometimes I just get sad, and there's nothing anyone can do about it but me. Since I've never been a positive thinker, I must content myself with the fact that this too shall pass.

You know that sinking feeling you get when you hit a big pothole in your car and it jerks and makes a horrible sound? Well, I just fell in the big pothole of life. And it's really jagged and ugly and it totally just threw my alignment all to hell.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are not alone, please just know that. Sometimes I would give ANYTHING for somebody to tell me that IM not alone.But there is just so much beauty, it all too wonderful to forget.Life is okay when it wants to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet