Thursday, January 12, 2006

My World

What's goin' on in my world right now?
Let's see...


1) The car fix is costing even more than I thought. Are you ready for this, folks? It's almost $2,500. Yes, that's more than a thousand, more than TWO thousand, in fact. Wow. And I'm usually such a cheap-ass with money too. To think of everything I could buy with this much money just blows my mind.

Honestly, to a person my age, that's a lot of money. Sure, I have it. But I can't just drop that much and feel okay about it. I don't have lots to spare, especially not thousands. I'm still considering whether to use insurance or not, but either way I've screwed myself. Again.

Maybe I should just become a hermit and stay in the house. Then at least I'd stop sabotaging myself. Oh, who am I kidding, I could screw myself anywhere. I'm sure I'd end up hobbling around the house running in to walls and breaking bones and such.

2) Since the car is in the shop, I have no way to get to work, so my wonderful and generous boss is allowing me to work from home for a few days. This working at home thing is...interesting. I admit it does take a lot of discipline, and so far I'm impressed with myself.

Currently, I am propped up on my bed with my fluffy pillows behind me and my laptop on my lap (how appopriate) listening to some tunes without the added headache of headphones. My TV is just a few feet away and yet I've resisted the urge to turn it on. I'm trying to create a decent work environment here, after all.

I do wish I could do this all the time. I'm so much more relaxed at home in my sweats and a t-shirt, with no make-up on and my hair thrown casually back in a ponytail. One would think that this uber-relaxed state would make me less inclined to work, but in actuality I'm so grateful for this situation that I'm bent on increasing my work output. I am determined to prove that I can work from home in a responsible and successful fashion. Now let me just go get a snack, pet the dog and play some Nintendo, and then I'll get right back down to business. Haha, just kidding.

3) I'm going to a bridal "trunk show" this weekend with one of my best friends. I'm really excited for my first foray into the world of wedding planning. I, like probably every other girl, have always dreamed of a perfect wedding. There's something fantastical about it. So for now, I will live vicariously through everyone else until it's my turn. And don't worry, I'm not saying I want to get married any time soon, I just want to have a wedding. Unfortunately I haven't figured out a way to have one without the other. Foiled again!

4) Lately I've been thinking about this blog and who reads it, and I've been wishing I had preserved my anonymity a little better. I don't mind revealing my personal life to people, but I do mind when I know exactly who I'm revealing to.

You see, one day I casually mentioned to my dad that I had a blog. Well, he pretty much annoyed me until I told him the link. I'm not sure he even reads it, but nonetheless it's always in the back of my mind that he could. So I naturally censor myself, which kind of sucks. It's not like have very many sordid details to reveal anyway, but still, I think I shy away from specific topics.

In addition, my ex is an avid reader of the blog (hello there, K, I'm sure you're reading this right now). This is also kind of an odd situation. Being single now, I have an inclination to regale you all with my pursuit of the opposite sex, but with K as an audience, I feel uncomfortable doing so. You see, we agreed not to tell one another if we start dating again. Well, if I can't tell him, and he reads the blog, then I guess I can't tell the blog either.

Maybe I need a new blog with a new address so that I can escape all that I know and be thrust in to the world of obscurity. What do you all think?

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just come back to blurty ;) There's this thing called blurtysecret now, which is like PostSecret, only a little less anonymous, with random blurty users posting their secrets in a fashionable way.
Check it out: http://www.blurty.com/users/blurtysecret/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet