Monday, February 27, 2006

So much for smiles

So how's that smile thing going for me? Well, just listen to this...

I'm in the packed elevator on my way up to the 9th floor, standing at the back, looking tired.

At floor 5, good-looking older man in front of me looks over. I don't smile, neither does he.

I look down for a second. He looks back at me.

I start to smile.

He speaks: "Hey, smile! I never see you smiling."

I smile and laugh: "I'm not a morning person."

He says: "Nobody is."

I say: "I'll try to smile more. I didn't realize it."

We hit his floor. "See ya," he says.

"Bye," I say, still smiling.

***

I don't even know what to make of this. In one sense, maybe I should be flattered. But in another, I should see this just as more irrefutable proof that I project a negative aura. However, maybe it worked for me this time, since the guy did start up a conversation. He seemed nice.

And I do know one thing, I walked off that elevator feeling pretty good. Thanks, random elevator man, for making this too-often-straight-faced girl crack a smile.

Maybe next time I can do it without prompting.

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A nice first-hand experience that shows what a difference a smile can make in how others view us.

I should try it myself sometime :)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Remember the old saying: "If you smile, the whole world smiles with you........"


Good for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet