Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm Okay

I finally believe it: I'm going to be okay.

Yeah, you heard me. I'm going to be OKAY!

No more being sad. No more being lonely. No more wanting something that doesn't even exist.

Why was I thinking I needed a boyfriend, anyway? What are they good for?

Why would I want to be tied down? Why would I want to have to get into stupid arguments over stupid meaningless things? Why would I want to have to consider someone else's feelings?

I didn't realize it until now, but boyfriends and relationships are highly overrated.

For once, I'm putting ME first, and it feels fabulous.

Get this: I'm going to Europe this summer. For two weeks with one of my best friends.

Yeah, me, the little whimpy girl who can barely navigate airports. The girl who stops herself from doing things just because she's afraid to take a risk. The girl who, until a few months ago, would never even have dreamed of taking such a trip.

But I'm doing it, because if my experience with [the guy whose name I am no longer mentioning] taught me anything, it's that you've gotta LIVE. That's what life is for, and this is my big chance.

So here I am, on a breathtakingly beautiful early spring day, stuck in this interesting spot that's post-boyfriend and pre-therestofmylife. And ya know what?

I think I'm gonna like it here.

3 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! You go, girl! (You'll love Europe, by the way. Should you cross Brussels on your trip, you've got a free place to stay already:) ). -x-

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, that's what I like to hear! That's wonderful, Lauren. Enjoy your trip to Europe. You deserve a good time, my dear!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Sleepy Girl said...

Awww, thanks guys! You're all my favorite commenters.

And Matt, I don't know if Brussels in planned, but I'll definitely you know if it ends up on our itenerary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet