Wednesday, April 05, 2006

One step forward...

...and two steps back.

Story of my life.

This morning, I practically screamed out loud when the scale registered a cool 125.0. Yes, that's one twenty FIVE point ZERO. The lowest I've weighed in ages. I hopped off joyfully, silently wondering how in the hell this happened, then pushed the scale back into the linen closet and pushed the door closed...

RIGHT INTO MY NOSE.

I am not kidding. I fucking closed the door. On. My. NOSE.

I don't even understand how this was logistically possible...although I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering that my lack of depth perception has caused much worse accidents in the past (running into buses, head-first into glass doors, large columns in parking garages, etc).

Thankfully, I don't think this blow did any real damage. I didn't hear the familiar crack or experience any bleeding. Whew.

My mom's comment? "Maybe now you can get your nose fixed!" Gotta love her for finding the silver lining in that one.

***

Another step forward: Rollerblading is my new favorite form of exercise. It's so much fun. I go around the cul-de-sac trying to do turns and tricks, then speed down the hill past my house. It makes me feel super cool.

Step back: I've become recently obsessed with sitting in my bedroom doing nothing. I can just sit in my bed with my laptop watching some inane television show for hours. My parents have even started commenting on the fact that I am turning into a hermit.

Step forward: I'm getting my hair cut and colored this Friday. Gotta do something about these unsightly split ends and dark roots.

Step back: There is a large chance that I will cave and get new highlights, which will only lead to more roots in the future. But they just look so cute, especially for summer.

Step forward: I'm totally done with boys. Totally and forever. I am woman, hear me roar.

Step back: Okay, I lied. I like talking to boys, looking at boys, and getting attention from boys. I need boys. Dammit.

Step forward: I've been going to bed earlier.

Step back: I've been getting to work later. Hey, that's the best way to shorten my commute, right?

Step forward: I've been writing in this blog much more frequently. Oh, and yesterday I reached another milestone: my 100th post!

Step back: I am also reading other people's blogs much more frequently. Like, when I have other more important things to do. And also, today's post is really sub-par.

Maybe that's because I'm just not experiencing any angst today. Wait a minute, now that's what a call a step forward!

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D It may be because I'm a little tipsy, but I seriosly laughed out loud several times with this post. I'm so sorry about your poor little nose, I hope it'll be okay!
Bye now,
Matt -x-

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Losing weight is the best feeling...slamming your nose in the door is not. I enjoy reading your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet