Friday, July 21, 2006

I missed my own Blogiversary

I'm not gonna make a big deal about it or anything, but...

it IS pretty impressive that I've been blogging for an entire YEAR.

I didn't expect to stick with this at ALL. You see, I had another blog before this (started back in 2003), and it was just horrendous in comparison. No really good writing. Just a basic day-to-day summary of my life, except I only wrote every couple weeks and then stopped altogether.

I started "A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts of Life" simply because I'd been reading other people's blogs, most of which were powerd by Blogger. I thought the design looked cool and professional, so I figured I'd give it one more shot. For the first few months I had okay entries--better than my previous blog but still nothing special.

Then it was like something snapped inside me (could've been the big break-up, or really any number of things that brought on my onslaught of sadder times). I just relaxed and let the words pour out. My writing became more emotionally-charged, more real. I stopped trying so hard.

And look at me now. I can't even believe the stuff I write on here sometimes. I feel like being so honest and candid about certain subjects--about my insecurity with life in general--might not be the smartest idea. But it's been well worth it.

Now I have a place to go when I need to vent. I have something I can be truly proud of and can call my own. I have all these intelligent and interesting personalities reading me--and me reading them--and reacting to me.

And I've become a much better writer in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I always knew I was good. I just didn't know I had this in me.

Bring on the next year!

This what we dream about
but the only question with me now
Is do I make you proud
Stronger than I've ever been
Never been afraid of standing out
But do I make you proud

-- Taylor Hicks (don't make fun, he's good)

*Let's pretend I posted this on July 5, the actual date that my little blog turned 1 year old.

3 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogbirthday! I love reading you (because that's what it is: we're not reading your blog, we're reading yóu), Lauren, I think you're a wonderful writer, I'm even pretty jealous sometimes! It's a fine blog path you have chosen, keep exploring it, your readers will be following on your shoulder.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Sleepy Girl said...

Thank you, my darlings. As always, I am blushing as I read your lovely compliments. I just hope I can keep up the standard I've set for myself with this blog...and I hope I can continue to post as frequently as I have been the past few days.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I remember when I realized you were a really good blogger. It was your first post. I think the thing that comes through the most in your posts is your intelligence and your self awareness. Keep on keepin on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to A Sleepy Girl's Thoughts on Life!


powered by Bloglet